On this tutorial, we’re going to learn to set up Datadog Agent on Ubuntu 22.04.
Datadog is an infrastructure monitoring service, it empowers customers to maintain observe of the cloud infrastructure. It offers analytics for all providers working in your infrastructure, with the assistance of dashboards making it simple for one to escalate errors every time it happens.
Datadog helps you monitor servers, databases, and all of the purposes working in your infrastructure. Datadog’s seamless integration with many merchandise makes its distinctive saas software. At the moment, Datadog can combine simply with over 500 merchandise. It additionally helps the mixing of various APIs. One other factor is also it helps different apps written in different languages.
In abstract, Datadog has the next nice options.
- It helps different apps written in different languages.
- Dashboards can simply be personalized.
- Has real-time alerting providers.
- It mechanically collects and analyzes logs and errors.
- It has seamless integration with many APIs
- It could simply combine with many merchandise on the market.
Datadog Agent Structure.
Right here we have to discuss what makes up Datadog Agent. Let’s begin with Parts.
The Datadog Agent is made up of the next parts:
- The Collector– That is accountable for gathering system and software metrics from the machine by briefly executing normal utilities such iostat, vmstat and so on or connecting to purposes monitoring interfaces over TCP and HTTP.
- The Forwarder– That is accountable for buffering and speaking with Datadog hq love SSL. It does this by listening over HTTP for any incoming requests then buffer them and ahead to Datadog HQ over HTTPs protocol.
- The Dogstatsd- That is accountable for aggregating native metrics despatched out of your code. Dogstatsd is a python implementation of etsy’s statsD metric aggregation daemon.
- The supervisord- That is accountable for retaining all earlier processes up and working.
Putting in Datadog Agent on Ubuntu 22.04
To put in Datadog Agent it’s essential to have the account in an effort to offer you an API for the free trial model. So go forward and create your account.
1. Agent setup
After getting created your account, you may be taken to a web page just like the determine under the place you’ll select your working system to put in the agent. For us right here we are going to select Ubuntu. It is going to then offers you step-by-step information on how one can set up the Datadog Agent for the primary time and when upgrading.
2. Set up Datadog
To put in Datadog Agent, copy the straightforward set up script onto your terminal and press enter.
$ sudo -i # to take you to root consumer $ DD_AGENT_MAJOR_VERSION=7 DD_API_KEY=7b8f7f1e565c731ccb40f86834b51024 DD_SITE="datadoghq.com" bash -c "$(curl -L https://s3.amazonaws.com/dd-agent/scripts/install_script.sh)"
In case you are profitable with set up, you need to be able to see one thing like this:
/usr/bin/systemctl * Beginning the Datadog Agent... Your Datadog Agent is working and functioning correctly. It is going to proceed to run within the background and submit metrics to Datadog. If you happen to ever need to cease the Datadog Agent, run: systemctl cease datadog-agent And to run it once more run: systemctl begin datadog-agent
Examine the model of the Datadog put in.
$ datadog-agent model Agent 7.38.2 - Commit: ba442fd - Serialization model: v5.0.23 - Go model: go1.17.11
Additionally, the end icon on the backside will mechanically turn out to be energetic as a result of the system will sense the existence of the agent. Press end to take you to your Datadog dashboard.