The primary-ever iPhone went on sale in 2007 at $499 for a 4GB mannequin and $599 for the 8GB one.
Now, 15 years later, one collector paid a bit over $39,000 for a factory-sealed mannequin of this first-edition iPhone—an undisputed piece of tech historical past.
It could not have all of the bells and whistles of the latest fashions however the OG iPhone does have a headphone jack.
In different information, Gurugram-based Droom has withdrawn its preliminary public providing. Whereas 2021 noticed a slew of startups hitting the bourses, this 12 months, nonetheless, many are stalling their public listings, together with OYO, PharmEasy, Ecom Categorical, FirstCry, and MobiKwik.
In the meantime, here’s a look in any respect the wealth made and misplaced by 58 Covid billionaires—folks whose wealth multiplied at an accelerated tempo as a result of pandemic.
Spoiler alert: They’re now dropping cash even sooner!
In in the present day’s e-newsletter, we’ll discuss
- Healthtech seems to be previous teleconsultation
- Ather’s fundraising spree
- Shardeum targets rising markets
Right here’s your trivia for in the present day: Who was the final astronaut to have walked on the moon?
Startups look past teleconsultation
As we overcome the consequences of the pandemic, healthtech startups targeted on teleconsultation discover themselves more and more remoted as client habits revert to pre-pandemic healthcare.
A number of gamers like Practo, Mfine, Join and Heal, MyHealthcare, Glamyo Well being, MeraDoc, and ekincare at the moment are trying in the direction of allied companies like company tie-ups and subscriptions to outlive.
- Mfine created its personal end-to-end workflow—proper from session and lab testing to on-line medication supply and follow-up evaluation.
- MeraDoc is strategic partnerships with corporates like Flipkart and with insurance coverage gamers for seamless claims.
- Whereas specializing in elective surgical procedures, Glamyo Well being is retaining teleconsultation companies to assist medical doctors with preliminary assessments.
Ather’s fundraising spree
EV maker Ather Vitality is elevating capital quick! It has now secured Rs 400.6 crore ($48.7 million) from Caladium Funding and Herald Sq. Ventures as a part of its Sequence E spherical.
That is the second funding raised by Ather in 2022. In Could, the startup raised $128 million to maintain consistent with the launch of the new-generation mannequin of its electrical scooter 450X.
- Ather not too long ago put in its 580th public quick charging level as a part of Ather Grid, which is current in 56 cities.
- It plans to put in 820 extra such factors, taking the depend to 1,400 by the top of FY23.
- The corporate is growing the manufacturing capability at its Hosur manufacturing facility from 1.20 lakh automobiles to 4 lakh automobiles every year.
Shardeum targets emerging markets
With its sights set on increasing to varied nations, Ethereum Digital Machine (EVM)-compatible sharded blockchain, Shardeum, raised $18.2 million at a $200 million valuation.
“The concept is to rent extra folks and increase the staff on the tech aspect of issues, enterprise aspect and the advertising aspect,” mentioned founder Nischal Shetty.
Way forward for Web3:
- Nischal mentioned the corporate deliberate to maintain the discovering distributed by limiting the quantity provided by every investor.
- He believes the market goes to favour a multi-blockchain ecosystem and predicts that L1 blockchains will expertise higher demand within the coming years.
- The startup intends to maintain the charges low potential to make Web3 accessible to folks in rising markets like Vietnam, India, Ukraine, Africa, and so on.
Information & updates
- Un-acquired: Britain’s competitors regulator has ordered Meta to promote animated-images platform Giphy after a tribunal upheld its view that the acquisition might harm its rivals and take away a possible competitor in promoting. Meta mentioned it could settle for the Competitors and Markets Authority’s (CMA) order to unwind the 2020 deal.
- Realigning: Goldman Sachs has revealed the small print of its newest reorganisation below chief government David Solomon, pulling again from its celebrated foray into retail banking to focus extra on its conventional strengths of serving massive firms and rich traders.
- Flying higher: Air India Ltd. is planning to triple its fleet of 113 plane over 5 years because the money-losing provider prepares to rework the enterprise following its takeover by India’s largest conglomerate, the Tata Group.
- The pink slip: Microsoft laid off extra workers this week, turning into the newest tech firm to point out indicators of concern about future demand. In July the software program maker mentioned it had plans to chop quite a lot of positions, affecting lower than 1% of its whole workforce.
Who was the final astronaut to have walked on the moon?
Reply: Harrison Schmitt, throughout the Apollo 17 mission in 1972.
We might love to listen to from you! To tell us what you favored and disliked about our e-newsletter, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you don’t already get this article in your inbox, sign up here. For previous editions of the YourStory Buzz, you possibly can examine our Daily Capsule page here.